Where are they now? - Monica Clark (Miles)

Hello everyone! Here is a condensed version of my life since graduating…

The summer of 1988 I went and worked in Yellowstone during the fires as a Telephone Operator (Becky Low was there too). I worked in West Yellowstone at the airport with people from all over the country. It was an awesome experience!

That Fall I went to USU and started volunteering with the Special Olympics team there and soon became the Head Coach of the Bridgerland Special Olympics team. I met my husband, Dan, when he came to volunteer too. I graduated in 1992 with a degree in Special Education and a Minor in Accounting.

After Dan graduated from USU we moved to Bountiful. After coaching the team for 8 years I passed the team on to another coach and became the North Area Director for the Utah Special Olympics for a few years. I enjoyed organizing and running the area competitions and events.

In 1999, we designed and built our home and have lived in North Salt Lake ever since. I started my own business in 2003. It was an Hourly Child Care Center here in Bountiful. We didn’t do full time day care just hourly for moms/dads who needed care here and there. It was very successful but I got tired of it so after almost 5 years I closed it.

That brings us up to now…I have 3 kids.
Josh (15) plays competition soccer and is a lifeguard at the Bountiful Rec Center. You will never see him or his brother without their cell phones either texting or talking to ‘cute girls’.
Brandon (14) does karate and just started acting. He has been in 2 movies so far!
And my youngest, Sami (8) enjoys swimming, figure skating and gymnastics. They keep us very busy!

Dan is a Project Manager at a company that provides software for international airlines and I am currently a Part Time Independent Marketing Director for a large corporation and Full Time Mom/Homemaker/Domestic Engineer – what are we called these days?

As a family we love to be busy. We like to travel – our favorite place is Disneyland and Park City where we have a condo. We also like to hike, play games, watch movies, play racquetball, swim and just hang out together. My personal favorite thing to do is soak in a hot tub with a good suspense novel, ice water and chocolate.

I think my most embarrassing moment of school is my hair. I never knew how to work with the frizzy mess! And a word to the wise…’sun in’ only makes brown hair orange!! My most memorable senior memory was going to Hawaii with the Vistauns. We had a great time! There wasn’t any one person who influenced me - more like many people and friends who have given me some great memories.

I wasn’t able to attend any other reunions so I am looking forward to seeing everyone there - or at least reading about everyone on this blog! You can email me if you’d like at monymiles@hotmail.com. Thanks to everyone for putting all this together.





No comments: