Where are they now? - Russ Buttars and Jeanette Benson (Buttars)


We are high school sweethearts. We've been married for almost 19 years and have two daughters: Jessica age 17 and Heather age 15. The first few years of our marriage we lived in Logan, and then we moved to Seattle, WA, Murray, UT, Taylorsville, UT, Chandler, AZ, and now we have lived in Herriman, UT for the past 7 years, which is an awesome place to live.

Russ is a helicopter pilot and we opened up our own flight school in 2004 (High Desert Helicopter Flight Academy) based out of Ogden, UT. Russ has had a lot of opportunities to fly all over the country from New York to Utah, AZ, Cal, ID, OR, CO, NV, etc. He has flown in almost every state, including Shangai, China, where he was able to teach some Chinese students how to fly --that was an awesome experience for him.

If you want to check us, out our website is
http://www.hdhelicopters.com/. Last summer, Russ and I and two of our flight instructors and two of our students had an opportunity in a flight of three to fly to Arizona, and we were able to fly over Lake Powell, the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, and Sedona. That was the most awesome experience for us.

Jeanette -- a little about me, I actually don't work at High Desert Helicopters, I just work part time at Su Casa Mexican Restaurant in Midvale, just the lunch shift during the weekdays. So, if anybody wants to come and visit me that would be great. In high school, I didn't really like history, but now my hobbies include visiting ghost towns, old cemeteries, ancient ruins, petroglyphs, finding dinosaur bones, hidden treasure, geocaching etc. I find myself dragging my family in the middle of nowhere almost every weekend, but I guess they love me enough to come with me, and most of the time we learn and see some exciting things.

Our daughters, Jessica and Heather, are keeping us busy between high school dances, dating, and driving, but they are awesome girls with a good head on their shoulders, and we are proud of them for who they are and what they are becoming.

The most memorable moment for Russ as a senior would have to be the day of the state championship game between Sky View and Mountain Crest. We were all caravaning to Logan, and Russ and I were in Todd Andersen's car. We got in to a car accident, so we had to wait for the police to get there to file a report and we almost missed the game, but we made it.

The most embarrassing moment for me (Jeanette) would have to be my junior year when Wendy Wood, Jackie Orvin and myself sluffed school and drove up to the SV Hill and laid out in our bra and underwear and a few minutes later a truck came driving up the hill and caught us. We could not get dressed quick enough.

Most influential person in high school for both of us would have to be our counselor, Cleo Smith; she was an awesome person.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had forgot all about this! Wow, we were crazy at times. Thanks for the memories.
Wendy